The Abortion Pill up to 10 Weeks
Within 70 days of the first day of your last menstrual period, medication abortion is an option. Sometimes called "The Abortion Pill" or "RU486" it is not just one pill, but a series of pills taken to induce an early miscarriage about 24-48 hours after the visit to the clinic. Read more medical information about the abortion pill HERE.
Good candidates for the abortion pill are those who can understand and follow the instructions precisely, who are not afraid of inducing the abortion at home, who have some support to care for their children during this time, and who can make a return visit to the clinic within two weeks for a check up.
THE FEE INCLUDES ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:
- lab work
- meeting with the doctor to receive pill
- bottles of pain medications to take home
- 24-hour phone access to an on-call provider
- follow-up appointment within two weeks
- birth control: pills, injection, or condoms (if desired)
optional additional service
$25 sexually transmitted infection testing; includes treatment if needed
If you have an Rh negative factor blood type, Rh immunoglobulin (i.e. Rhogam) will be recommended at the time of your appointment. Click HERE for more information.
You do not need to decide whether you want the pill or surgical procedure until you speak with the counselor to determine which is best for you.
You must have an appointment to receive the abortion pill services. You should expect to be at the clinic for 4-6 hours.
Bringing a support person is optional.
What to bring with you
- Photo IDs for yourself and anyone who comes with you
- Payment (cash, credit, debit, money order, or traveler's check)
- Bottled water (Please eat before you arrive. Food is not allowed in the building.)