Illinois Medicaid Coverage
Illinois joined 15 other states in providing Medicaid coverage of abortion care starting January 1, 2018. This is amazing news for women in Illinois.
Because this is a sudden change in state policy, it will take time for the Hope Clinic to have all of the necessary paperwork completed and contracts in place in order to accept Illinois Medicaid. We are working on this as quickly as possible.
In the meantime, secondary to special funding made available, Hope Clinic can provide abortion care at NO COST for patients that either have active Illinois Medicaid OR are eligible for Illinois Medicaid.
who is eligible for abortion care at no cost at Hope Clinic?
Illinois residents with active Illinois Medicaid or a pending application for Illinois Medicaid
what is included at no cost?
All aspects of the surgical or medical ("pill") abortion appointment: ultrasound, labwork, counseling and informed consent, procedure or medications (either dispensed or prescriptions), IV sedation ("comfort shot"), Rh immunoglobulin (i.e. Rhogam - if needed)
What do i need to bring?
- Photo ID
- Active Illinois Medicaid card (or copy/screen shot of card)
- Copy or screen shot of pending Illinois Medicaid application (confirmation page or application status page)
how do i know if i am eligible for illinois medicaid?
- Go to the "Check if I Should Apply" tool, complete a brief/secure questionnaire and follow instructions for the application process
- Note that eligibility requirements change in pregnancy - it is worth checking if you should apply!
how do I Apply for illinois medicaid?
- Fill out an online application
- Call the Department of Human Services (DHS) at 800-843-6154
- Visit your local DHS office (use locator to find closest Family Community Resource Center)
what if i lost my illinois medicaid card?
- Log onto "Manage My Case" portal and bring print out/screen shot of website demonstrating coverage
- Call the Department of Human Services (DHS) at 800-843-6154 to request a replacement card
- Illinois paper application for medical assistance
- Illinois online application for medical assistance
- DHS locator for Family Community Resource Center
- DHS phone number 800-843-6154